Sprite Something v2.0 has been submitted to the App Store for approval. What’s new in this update:
- iCloud – sync spritesheets, tilemaps and color palettes across your devices!
- Dropbox Import/Export
- Photo Library Import/Export
- Rectangle and Circle tools
- Improved navigation flow (especially on iPhone)
- Twitter message integration (not GIF’s yet)
- Faster Tilemap drawing
- Fill/Magic Erase All option
- Adjust Select rectangle before choosing Cut/Copy/Delete
- Show/Hide tool options (iPad)
- GIF’s now use compression and display across browsers correctly
- Speed improvement when using background image
- Add notes to your spritesheets and tilemaps
- Lot’s of bug fixes
One major note is that this update requires iOS 5.0+. I made this decision because: 1. it is available for all current iPad devices, 2. has a nice Twitter API, 3. made my life easier. I hope this isn’t a major conflict for anybody using the program out there.